Sunday, September 16, 2012

Goal Posters work!

Growing up, I disliked goals. Maybe it was my rebel nature, dissatisfaction of knowing the end the story before it’s told, or distrust in non-tangible theories. Now as an adult about to reach 30, I know that goals are the key to all accomplishments and more importantly GOAL POSTERS WORK! Below is a pic of my 2012 Goals for music:


 

Sundance: check. Kickstarter is a type of fund raiser, which I ended up conducting on my own: check. Record album: check (we’re in the studio now and it will be complete before the end of the year). Blog regularly and practice everyday have a half check because they are slightly more mundane and more of a reminder to keep them up. Lastly, 2 Mini Tours: as of this weekend, check.

Earlier this year the band did a short weekend tour (I like to call "Mini Tours") from Brigham City to Logan to Park City. We had a great time but I had set a goal for 2 this year with no prospects for the second. Then, out of the blue, a new friend I met while on tour with Melody & Tyler Spring 2011 sent me a message for a mini tour opportunity to the beautiful Pocatello, ID. :) I had such a great time this weekend, put up by my wonderful cousins, free amazing salad at Marigolds, and the wonderful group of fans supplied by the supportive #1 Fan, Mandy.

Another fun opportunity for me this tour was to introduce some new covers including “Wait” by Alexi Murdoch, “You and I” by Ingrid Michaelson, and “I Will Follow You Into the Dark” by Death Cab For Cutie. Original artist videos below. I loved performing these new-to-me covers, especially “Wait”. Such a good song! :) I hope you enjoy them as well and may all your goal endeavors be as fruitful. I’ve already started putting together 2013’s goals. Here’s to another great year. 

"Wait"


"You and I"

"I Will Follow You into the Dark"


No comments:

Post a Comment