Sunday, November 13, 2011

My new song "Graffiti"

I'm very excited to have a good live recording of one my newest songs "Graffiti" to post. This song is special to me. Most musicians would admit that they have a special connection to each of their songs and may even compare that connection the bond between parent and child. Though most parents wouldn't admit it, sometimes there's a deeper connection to one child more than another and thus is my announcement of "Graffiti".

Recently, a girl I once dated had come back into my life. In anticipation of her renewed presence, I spent some time imagining a life with her and the love I once felt rushed back into my heart. I was thrilled to have an opportunity of wooing her. No matter how long it took, I was going to make her fall in love with me again. Then... this adventure was derailed thoroughly with the discovery of her long term relationship. I hadn't had much contact with her for a couple years, so it wasn't surprising to have missed that important detail. There hasn't been much sadness in my life harder to deal with more than watching my projected future crumble and slip through my hands. My only option was to use the most powerful tool in belt for dealing with life: songwriting. Though I miss her still and the future I pictured only a distant dream now, I'm glad she and it will forever live on in my new song.

Please give it a listen here and tell me what you think. Thanks everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment